How does the G-Star Rewear trade-in service work?To be accepted, your product must be in perfect condition.
You have two options for sending us your items:
1 Drop off your items in one of our participating stores and get your voucher immediately.
2 Or send them by post.
- Select the G-Star items you wish to trade in, then follow the online steps to create your account and estimate the value of your items.
- Get the best trade-in offer in just a few clicks.
- Once the trade-in request is generated, simply print the trade-in form, sign it and insert it in your package.
- Send them by post using the pre-paid label provided for this purpose. Send us your products packaged in the box of your choice.
- Drop off your package at a DPD drop-off point (max 20KG).
As soon as we receive your package, our quality experts check the condition of your items. If the conditions of return are respected, you will be notified by email within 15 days on your voucher credit.
By clicking on "my credits", you will be able to generate one or more purchase vouchers, valid for 12 months from the date of issue:
- in participating G-Star stores
- on g-star.com or on rewear.g-star.com
If several of your items have been accepted, you will be credited with an amount corresponding to the value of all the pieces taken back.
What are the requirements to participate in the trade-in service?- Only original G-Star items defined as eligible within our trade-in conditions will be accepted.
- Your items must be clean, in perfect condition and have no damages, stains or odors.
- Your items must not have been altered and must not be missing any buttons or ornaments.
- Your items must contain the G-Star brand label as well as the inside care and composition labels.
- All items must be legally owned by the person receiving the trade-in offer.
- Credit for trade-in items will be issued in the form of a voucher.
- The trade-in value will be based on the original price of the items and their current condition. The condition of the item and the trade-in value are determined by our team of experts.
- Our Terms and Conditions and accompanying FAQ's can be changed at any time without notice at our sole discretion.
Can I send an item that has been altered?- Any item that has been altered and/or modified is not eligible for a trade-in.
- In addition, items that are stained, damaged and/or need repair are not eligible for a trade-in.
What items are not accepted ?We do not accept :
- Items from the current collection.
- Items from collections prior to 2017.
- Accessories, eyewear, shoes, polos, sweats, swimwear, tops, T-shirts and underwear.
- Items in bad condition.
We consider an item to be in bad condition when:
- it has a visible stain.
- it has a hole or it is missing an accessory.
- it is not complete.
- it has a manufacturing defect.
PLEASE NOTE: If your item does not meet our criteria, you will not receive the associated credit and it will not be returned to you.
What happens if you return an item deemed ineligible?In accordance with our Terms and Conditions of sale, non-conforming items will be refused and will not be returned to you.
However : these items will have a second life as a donation to associations or through upcycling programs.
Can I apply for a trade-in if I live abroad?At this stage G-Star Rewear is only available in the Netherlands.
What is the value of my voucher?During the trade-in process, we propose a buy-back value, depending on the product category, the year of purchase and the condition you declare.
This value is validated or adjusted if necessary by our reconditioning team and is credited directly to your G-star Rewear account within 15 working days (from the date of receipt of your package by our quality experts). Please contact our Customer Service only if the 15 days delay is exceeded.
We remind you that the credit for the returned items will only be in the form of vouchers. If our team finds that the items you send us do not meet our trade-in requirements and are not suitable for resale, your account will not be credited. Rejected items will not be sent back to you, but will be given a second life through a partner association or upcycling program.
What happens if I am not satisfied with the credit I receive?If our reconditioning team asseses that the condition of the item is not as good as declared, the voucher value will be adjusted accordingly.
Do I have to wait until my item is sold to collect my credit?No, you do not have to wait for the sale of your items. As soon as the trade-in is validated by our quality team, your G-star Rewear account is credited and you can generate your voucher.
If several of your items have been accepted, you will be credited with an amount corresponding to the value of all the items traded-in. Processing times differ depending on the condition of the items.
How and where to send my package?Prepare your package carefully, making sure that your items are well protected, then print and affix the prepaid return label received by email.
Drop your package at a DPD drop-off point (max 20KG).
Our teams will come back to you, once your parcel has been received, within 15 working days.
You can also send us your items by dropping them off at one of our participating G-Star stores.
How do I use my voucher?When the trade-in of your item is validated, you will receive a credit for the amount of the trade-in that can be converted into a voucher at any time. You can convert all or part of your credit into a voucher.
Once generated, each voucher is valid for 12 months and must be used in one go. Only one voucher can be used for a given transaction, whether online or in-store: the accumulation of vouchers is not allowed.
When generating your voucher, you must indicate whether you wish to use it in a G-star store, or online on g-star.com or on rewear.g-star.com.
Please note that once you have chosen your voucher type, you will not be able to change it.
Specific to online Outlet sales: vouchers are not valid for Outlet products sold on g-star.com.
On rewear.g-star.com you cannot use a Voucher to pay the delivery costs.
How are second hand items reconditioned?Each item is carefully checked, cleaned, authenticated and re-labeled by our Quality Department.
What should I do if I have a quality problem with my item?If you notice a defect or non-conformity, you can contact our Customer Service. You will be asked to transmit :
- Your order number.
- The name of the product, the color, the size and the reference.
- A comment specifying the problem encountered.
What are the delivery terms on G-star Rewear?We only deliver to the Netherlands.
Delivery is made by DPD at home or at a pick-up location.
The delivery time is between 3 and 5 working days.
The fees are €5,9 for a delivery in a relay point, €7,4 for a home delivery without signature.
What are the terms of return on G-star rewear?You have 14 days from the date of receipt of your order to return an item.
You are responsible for the return shipping costs, which will be deducted from your refund once the return has been received and validated.
Returning is easy:
- Log in to your G-Star Rewear account and register your return.
- Download and print the return label. This is available in your customer account, under "my orders".
- Pack the item(s) in a sturdy box or bag and attach the delivery note.
- Drop the package off at the location indicated on your return label.
Items must be returned in the same condition as they were purchased, without having been damaged, stained, washed, altered or worn, and with the original packaging and any accessories relating to the products, such as packaging, labels, and the original invoice.
If the return is accepted by our services, you will receive an email confirmation, as soon as possible and at the latest within 14 days following the date of receipt of the return in our warehouses.
The amount refunded will correspond to the item(s) returned, minus the return shipping costs.